Over The Years...
Over the years, UAP has built a solid reputation for excellent products. Founded in 1926, UAP’s momentum continues to drive profitable growth. Today, UAP has some 4,000 employees.
The Very Beginning
United Auto Parts Limited is founded by Charles E. Préfontaine.
Chapter 01/12 Photo
The company opens a specialized distribution centre for spare parts for electrical and internal combustion systems, diesel injection engines, air-cooling engines and other products.
Chapter 02/12 Photo
Founded in 1963 in partnership with Hayes-Dana, UAP expands services to include heavy vehicle industry.
Chapter 03/12 Photo
United Auto Parts becomes a public company, issuing 235,000 class A stocks on Montreal Exchange. Lists on Toronto Stock Exchange in 1968.
Chapter 04/12 Photo
Company changes name from United Auto Parts Limited to UAP, an abbreviation still used today for many years to come.
Chapter 05/12 Photo
UAP New Campus
Head office moves to site with almost 24 acres of land, where it still stands today.
Chapter 06/12 Photo
Launch of new NAPA AUTOPRO banner program for garages and service stations, offers name-brand identification, sales promotions with local and national advertising, as well as favorable buying conditions to help participants beat competition from major chains.
Chapter 07/12 Photo
UAP partners with Genuine Parts Company. UAP/NAPA Automotive Western Partnership is created in Western Canada.
Chapter 08/12 Photo
December 1998: UAP becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company.
Chapter 09/12 Photo
Launch of new network of NAPA CMAX stores, specializing in automotive and industrial paint as well as bodywork products.
Chapter 10/12 Photo
NAPA Auto Parts
Transition from UAP/NAPA trademark to NAPA Auto Parts.
Chapter 11/12 Photo
NAPA Auto Parts (division of UAP) becomes title sponsor of first-ever NASCAR Busch Series race in Montreal. Sponsorship ended in 2012, when NASCAR removed the race from its schedule.
Chapter 12/12 Photo